Saturday, October 02, 2010

You're the toast of our lives!!


Time: Around 7:10am
Date: 27th July, 2010

I saw you for the very first time in my life...and I know you were seeing me for the first time as well. I was probably the 5th or 6th person you were seeing in your precious life of 30-odd minutes until that point in time. You were looking at me with eyes wide open...your hair was still wet and looked like it was just combed to perfection. You were wrapped in a green towel...the nurse at the hospital gave me your first Darshan for a few seconds before taking you back into the Maternity room.
You had arrived...You had arrived to me and Prabha after 6 years...the joy knew no bounds, though everything was masked in a camaflouge of emotions, as I was more anxious about so many other things - that you should be born normal, there should not be anything that I did not want to hear, and so on. In fact, I was exchanging angry notes with your grandfather (Prabha's father) and my mother, not letting them savour the moment either (all that was not really required is what I think now!)

Cut back to today:
Date: 2nd Oct, 2010
As I sit on my chair with leg bandaged and type this blog - 3 weeks since I saw you - eagerly waiting for the next opportunity to see you, hold you in my arms, cuddle you, kiss your forehead...

You are all my emotions...You are my world...You are the definition and purpose of my existence...You are the undefinable joy of my life...You are the most precious of anything...I'm sure Prabha would say exactly the same, perhaps even more! I know, she's completely forgotten herself to take care of you!

You are the toast of our lives! You are - whom we chose to call - Visvesh !!

Hail Parenthood...Hail babyhood!

Until I return with my next...
Penapunaivans
P.S.: My cousin brother, Prasad & his wife Kiruthiga, have been blessed with a baby girl this morning. I know the joy that must be running through every cell of their anatomy :)